You can post your GD lessons on the internet!
If you have a set (i.e., more than just a random few) of
well-written lessons you have authored for the LDS Sunday School Gospel
Doctrine curriculum, why not post them on the internet? About
2000 people per week come to this site to pick up GD lesson material
for their classes (last survey indicated about 40% of them are Sunday
School teachers, the rest are students). Why not add your
material to the resource pool?
The administrator of LDSGospelDoctrine.net is willing to host your
lesson material at no expense to you. You will maintain all
copyright privileges over your material.
All you have to do is send sample material to kurt dot neumiller at gmail dot com and he will review it and get back to you. If it is
well-written and non-controversial, Kurt will host it on
LDSGospelDoctrine.net for you, free of charge. Questions?
E-mail Kurt and ask.
NOTE: There is a
particular need for material on the internet for lessons tailored to
12-18 year olds.
Some comments regarding submission of lessons to be hosted:
1) Consistent file format in HTML or
PDF (I might be willing to convert WPD or DOC to PDF, but only for
large collections of high-quality lesson material, definitely not for
small numbers of scattered lessons).
2) Consistent file naming is required
(e.g., gd1.html, gd2.html, gd3.html, etc), inconsistent file names
(e.g., faith2004.html, repent3bySally.html, jan1997gdLesson.html, etc.)
make updating HTML very tedious and time consuming.
3) Cite your sources, if you use other people's work then reference it.
4) Copyright statement, include one in your lessons, I will not add one
5) Lessons need to be mostly new original material, lessons that are
largely cut and paste jobs of other people's material will not be
6) No commercial advertisements, statements, links or anything of that
nature can be incorporated into the lesson material.
7) Submissions will not be edited for format, typos, spelling, grammar,
or content. It is either accepted as is, or it isnt.